First off... "HAPPY 2010!" Hope you all have a great new year!!
Okay, back to the "Frog Rider" sculpt-in-process. Here's where things are at the moment...the basic frog body is now finished.
Here's how I started the head...a little foil, and some wooden beads for the eyes. I baked it in stages, so the detail wouldn't get mashed along the way. I apologize for the blurry images. My wife reminded me how to turn on the "macro" setting on the camera...but it was too late to retake these early steps.
Below shows the head sculpted onto the body. I added a bit more "flesh" to fill out the plump little frog belly.
Part of me hates to cover up this little guy with all the Samurai armor...but he's way too cute at this stage. Way.
I've now got some structural issues to resolve. I will be adding some more foliage to help support the weight of the hyper-extended pose...the sculpy is cracking under the stress. Next time, I'll show how I repair the damage, and add on the extra blades of grass.