Here are some of the transitions the Boarbarian has been going through. I loosely wired on the hammer temporarily...that will be the last thing added, after the rest of the sculpting is done. I'll be creating "hoof-hands" made from epoxy, because I don't think that Sculpy can handle the torque-tension of the hammer. The image on the right shows that the detailing has begun.
Once the final pose was decided upon in the block-in phase, I had too much clay in the belly area. So I cut it away, and back-filled with foil. Then I started on the belt design...I'm sticking with the Celtic elements.
Here are some images of the wrist guards. I purposely went with an asymetrical approach.
After this stage, I will move on to the head sculpt. But that's for next time!