Tuesday, August 25, 2015

TRAVEL: "California Coast" Pt.1

Yesterday I finished up a week long trip out to the beautiful California Coast to sketch and paint. I was able to spend some quality time with friends along the way, too. All in all, a wonderful experience.  I flew to San Francisco, then drove a rental to Monterey, Santa Barbara, South Pasadena, then flew home from Los Angeles.

It will take me a while to scan all of my sketches, and sort through my photos. But for now, I thought I'd start the show with the drawings I did while waiting in the airport and on the flights. The guy above was in LAX, at the end of my trip.

Here is a sketch done around 6:00 a.m. before boarding in Kansas City.  I had to get up around 3:30 to drive to the airport, park, catch a shuttle, then catch my flight. I'd rather be early than late...I'm not good with procrastination.
The next two drawings were done during the flight to Phoenix, AZ.  All my "models" were sleeping.
While on a layover in Phoenix, I saw this guy with a huge mustache. He was obviously quite proud of it.
The next little series are of guys in LAX airport, as I wait for my flight home to Kansas City.
The last trio of images are done while flying Southwest Airlines to KC.  A very long day.
Stay tuned...more to come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just now realizing you started posting. These are all so special! Could tell you were tired om the way home. Surprised that you didn't sleep all day today! Mom

Unknown said...

Love the "mind's eye" 'stach guy.