Saturday, October 22, 2011

SKETCHBOOK - "Stinky Pig"

I can't believe it's been a month since my last post! Truth is, I have been doing a lot of creative things...but not with the visual arts. I've been working on co-writing some songs with a buddy of mine who lives in New York...we share music files over emails, and each work on the other guy's tunes. It's been a blast! However...today I HAD to get my sketchbook out...it's been way too long!

This batch of drawings is from a few hours that I spent today at the Deanna Rose Farmstead. It's a petting zoo that we used to take the kids to. Over the years, it has expanded into a wonderful park with lots of antique farm equipment all about, and many more animals. The weather was perfect, so I had a great time (even though it was pretty crowded with families everywhere).

The sketch at the top was a VERY STINKY pig that was kind enough to take a nap while I drew her. Below is another cooperative model..."Chico" the pony, who was on break from "letting" kids ride him.

A bison in the sun...or "buffalo" if you prefer.

And a couple of nifty pieces of farm machinery.
After I was done sketchin'...I ended up at a music store and bought myself another little drum, a "foot tamborine", and a new "shaker" for band practice tomorrow. All in all...a very nice day!

2 comments:

Dee said...

Wow...quite a productive day....You stole my pig!!! I drew one from our county fair trip a few weeks ago and posted it on Flickr...go compare...funny...
Love the new paper...I know there is a lot of granulating paint out there, but I think you are using a different paper or sketchbook...whatever it is, I like it. And I'm happy you had such a good day. mom

linsolomons said...

You are so fun! I'd love to be you for a day but I'm sure I'd be exhausted afterwards...you're creative mind goes 100 mph and I'd have a hard time keeping up!!! You know I have a concrete pig named Patti that is in my garden, she promises to pose for you when you come here for a sketching vacation...Hugs!!!