Getting close to the home stretch now. Let's take a look at what modifications have been made to Space Gator!
I've added some more detail to the chest piece, and I decided to break up the little shape on the back.
Here's the process for one of the legs...started with the simple form...added the thigh padding...and refined the boot design.
Here are more views of the same leg. On the far right is the other bent leg.
One last thing on today's post...some unexpected challenges. While working on the Gator sculpt, cracks formed on the base, due to some minor warping of the wood inside. The pine board is probably too soft...next time I might try hardwood. Also, the Sculpey was too thin in places. In the process of man-handling the base while sculpting, some pieces of the baked Sculpy have fallen off.
Next time, I'll show you how I've reworked those areas, by adding some vine-like tendrils that will wind around the cracks. As it turns out, I had been wishing I had more variety in the sizes of some of the shapes. I'll also be finishing up the tail section. When done, it might look like I almost know what I'm doing!