Saturday, August 9, 2014

SKETCHBOOK: "YES Concert, People and Veggies"

On Thursday night, I got to go see my all-time favorite band, YES , in concert.  Since I had about 3 hours to wait before it started, I took the time to do some sketching outside and inside of the historic Midland Theatre in downtown Kansas City.

While scanning the YES drawings, I ran across a few "people" sketches I had forgotten to scan. These are from some of my smaller sketchbooks that I keep in my car (4"x6", 4"x8" sizes). I use the little books for when I'm waiting around for things...doctor visits, at the airport, waiting for exhibits to open, etc.

UPDATE 8-10-14
Drew this at church today...some of the bountiful summer harvest from the community garden our church has.  Hundreds of pounds of fresh veggies are given to local food banks to help folks who need it.  I just could not resist sketching and painting all the wonderful flowers and colors at the donation table this morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! Love your people sketches! Mom