Monday, May 25, 2020

SCULPTURE: "Robot Puppet"

Keeping myself busy at home is not really a challenge for me. I have more projects in my little brain than I know what to do with. Today, I was delighted that my grandson Jackson was very happy with one of those projects I finished this weekend. I surprised him with a "Robot Marionette" I made for him. He often asks to play with one that I have in my art studio that I made many years ago. The hand-held operating mechanism is based on a Czechoslovakian puppet design.
I referred to an older puppet that I had made back around 2004. Here is THAT marionette. The hand controller is made a bit differently, so that the puppet's mouth can be opened and closed. The TOP heavy-gauged wire acts as a spring mechanism. Push it down, and gravity allows the mouth to open. The mouth string is attached to a little plastic bead under the jaw.


No comments: