Friday, May 8, 2009

PAINTINGS - "Plaza Fountains"


Time to post some more paintings I did while out with my wife, Cat, on our "art days". She takes photos while I paint or sketch. We love going down to Kansas City's Country Club Plaza...lots of interesting things to see. In the background of the image below is the "faces" fountain. I am working on the painting of the horses fountain.


I wanted to keep this as more of a quick sketch...the finished piece is shown below. I wish I could stay this loose and free on more of my paintings. (Note to self: "Stay loose and free on more of your paintings.")


Here's a more recent sketch of one of the other statues in the same fountain.


My wife, Cat, took this elegant photo below of one of her favorite fountains. Click HERE and you can check out her blog to see more of her beautiful work!


A side commentary on the "frog boy" fountain...we love sitting in Starbucks and looking out the window at this view. Little kids walking by always start giggling, and parents usually get embarrassed and shuffle them away...the frog is spitting right on the boy's weenie!


Now that the weather is getting nicer, we definitely need to get back out there and have more fun painting and taking pictures!
-w

2 comments:

Cat Ludwig Studio said...

I agree. More time with cameras and paints!

bruce said...

Wow, I'm really glad I stumbled back onto your Blog. I haven't been back this way since your first couple of posts. As always, amazing stuff. Very inspiring!

Man, I really need to get to work on my own stuff...